top of page


The Making of Revealed

Technically, when shooting Revealed, I tried to keep things as simple as possibIe,  using Northern light in my studio, a lightbox and a couple of reflector boards. The plant holder was an empty wine bottle.


I spent a year photographing the project, the subjects came from a florist, my mother's garden and the odd hedgerow. I chose to photograph one stem at a time and looked like the cheapest boyfriend in existence when purchasing from the florist! 

Some days the Northern light was better than others and this affects the greyness of the background. I wanted to shoot in black and white to accentuate the form of the plant and create an abstract look 

The sense of anticipation of what was available to shoot as I neared the florist was palpable and the knowledge of the staff, invaluable

bottom of page